Home > About > Councilors > For Councilors
Your Role as a Councilor
• Be an advocate for the work of the Council.
• Be an advocate for all art forms and all regions of the State.
• Become acquainted with the policies and priorities of the Council, and recommend changes in them as needed.
• Attend Council meetings and retreat, as well as committee and panel meetings as assigned.
• Attend exhibits, performances, and events of grantee organizations.
• Encourage artists and organizations to apply to the Council.
• Act as a representative/ambassador of the Council with legislators, officials, the media, and related organizations and colleagues.