Artist StatementTo the farthest reaches of the cosmos, light lives, life breathes, souls soar, and colors roar. From this dance, an ocean of feeling springs. In my work, I seek to express these unspeakable things. And always, to uplift.
Lynn Rybicki was born in Chicago, Illinois and has lived in Baltimore for most of her life. She studied painting at the Maryland Institute College of Art and has been painting and showing her work for over 25 years.
Lynn has exhibited in the mid-Atlantic region and beyond. Her work is included in several private collections and in the Maryland Artist Collection of the University of Maryland University College in Adelphi, MD.
Lynn holds a B.S. in Music Education from Towson University, where she performed a multi-media voice recital, combining her vocal skills with her poetry and paintings. More images and information can be found at www.lynnrybicki.com.
A selection of recent events includes the following:
• In 2017, Lynn’s painting “Psalm” was featured in “Strokes of Genius,” a national juried group show, MD Federation of Art, Circle Gallery, Annapolis, MD. Juried by Susan Behrends Frank, Ph.D, Curator, The Phillips Collection, Washington, DC.
• From January 26 to February 21, 2015, Lynn’s painting “Remembrances” was featured in the “7th Annual Juried Show” at Prince Street Gallery, Chelsea, NY, Juried by Robert Berlind, New York-based painter and writer, and Professor Emeritus, School of Art & Design at Purchase College, NY.
• From June to August, 2014, Lynn’s painting “Lux Aeterna” was featured in a national show juried by Ann Shafer, Curator of Prints, Drawings and Photographs for the Baltimore Museum of Art, sponsored by Maryland Federation of Art for an exhibit at The University of Maryland, College Park.
• From July to September 2014, four of Lynn’s paintings were on display in “It’s Abstract,” a juried show that was part of the 2014 exhibition season at BlackRock Center for the Arts in Germantown, MD.
• 2014—FEATURED ARTIST, SAATCHI GALLERY ONLINE, UK, ORIGINALS ART COLLECTION UNDER $1500. Curated by Rebecca Wilson, Chief Curator and Director, Artist Development, Saatchi Art Director, Saatchi Gallery.
• Publication of two paintings from Lynn’s Alternate Realities series in the December 2013 issue of Studio Visit Magazine. Her work was selected from over 1,000 entries by Barbara O’Brien, Director of the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art in Kansas City, Missouri.
• From January 2012 to March 2012, 24 of Lynn's paintings were featured in "Lynn Rybicki: Cosmic Manifesto," a solo show in Goucher College's Rosenberg Gallery. For the show Goucher produced a full color catalogue containing 15 images.
• In May-June 2012, two of Lynn's paintings were on display in the "84th International Juried Exhibit" at the Art Association of Harrisburg in Pennsylvania, juried by Robert Cozzolino, Senior Curator and Curator of Modern Art at the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts.
• In June 2012, Lynn was featured in volume 17 of Studio Visit Magazine, juried by Trevor Richardson, Director of Herter Gallery, University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
• From 2010-2011, Lynn's work was exhibited in "Twelve Paintings" at University of Maryland Inn and Conference Center, curated by Robert Donovan.
• In 2010 her work was selected by Samantha Rippner, Curator of Prints and Drawings at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, for the "30th Annual Faber Birren National Color Awards Show" in Stamford, CT.
• Also in 2010, Lynn exhibited 36 paintings in "Counterpoint" at the U.S. District Courthouse in Greenbelt, MD.
• In 2009, Lynn participated in Maryland Art Place's "23rd Annual Critics' Residency," curated by New York poet, arts writer and critic, Vincent Katz.