COVID-19 Program Updates and Resources
In response to COVID-19, the Maryland State Arts Council convened on March 25, 2020 and approved the following changes for FY20 Creativity Grants:
1. Funding use restrictions have been alleviated and may be used for any arts-related expense until further notice.
Find all other MSAC COVID-19 information here.
The purpose of the Creativity Grant Program is to strengthen the vitality and sustainability of artists and small organizations to maintain a strong and stable arts infrastructure in the State of Maryland. The Creativity Grant also provides opportunities to serve the growing needs of relevant arts projects and collaborations within Maryland communities.
For more information regarding eligibility and funding timelines, please review the Creativity Grants Guidelines
For more information about detailed eligibility by Program, visit here.
Complete an FY21 Creativity Grant application here. All applicants must register in Smart Simple to apply.
Receipt of a Creativity Grant requires submission of a Final Report by the end of the Fiscal Year. As a part of this brief report, MSAC collects participant information to report to the National Endowment for the Arts and the National Association of State Arts Agencies.
MSAC’s Grant Approach
National arts organizations (National Endowment for the Arts, National Assembly of State Arts Agencies, Americans for the Arts) have clarified approaches to uncover cultural bias in the procedures and policies of state arts agencies. In response, MSAC has committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in grantmaking as all funding mechanisms continue to be examined and updated.
The driving goals of this vision for the granting processes are:
To acknowledge positions of privilege while questioning practices, shifting paradigms of status quo arts activities, and taking more risks.
To yield a greater variety of funded projects.
To eliminate biases that may be found in any part of the granting process (e.g. - applications, panelist procedures, adjudication systems).
To expand the deliberations about rigor beyond current conventions or Western traditions.
To aspire to make investments that contribute to social change and demonstrate aesthetic excellence in terms relevant to context and intent.
Creativity Grant Awardees
- March 2020 Creativity Grant Awardees
- February 2020 Creativity Grant Awardees
- January 2020 Creativity Grant Awardees
- December 2019 Creativity Grant Awardees
- November 2019 Creativity Grant Awardees
- October 2019 Creativity Grant Awardees
- September 2019 Creativity Grant Awardees
- August 2019 Creativity Grant Awardees
- July 2019 Creativity Grant Awardees
- June 2019 Creativity Grant Awardees
- May 2019 Creativity Grant Awardees
- April 2019 Creativity Grant Awardees
- March 2019 Creativity Grant Awardees
All grantees are required to submit a Final Report communicating data required by the National Endowment for the Arts. This required data can be found here. For program specific Report information, please see the corresponding Guidelines.