Find acknowledgement requirements and resources to help grantees share what MSAC funding has made possible.
Grantees should refer to award notifications and Grant Agreement Forms for additional requirements.
If you have any questions regarding language approval or anything else regarding grant recognition, please email email@example.com.
Other Resources and Acknowledgment Ideas:
Image Files (.png)
- MSAC color horizontal logo
- MSAC color vertical logo
- MSAC black & white horizontal logo
- MSAC black & white vertical logo
Vector Files (.ai)
If you need another format other than what is provided above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post your events and programs on the MSAC Calendar! MSAC grantee organizations and individuals are welcome to post programs and events to the MSAC's Arts Calendar by submitting content to VisitMaryland.org, the State's tourism site, and tagging events as Visual Arts, Literary Arts, or Performing Arts. Once approved by VisitMaryland, the events will appear on MSAC's calendar.
Finally, be sure that you are subscribed to receive correspondence from MSAC by filling out a form here.
We look forward to hearing more from you!
The best way to share your photographs and videos with MSAC is through email.
- Send photographs or videos to email@example.com
- Print, sign, and scan the License & Release Form (English) or License & Release Form (Spanish) to send with your photographs.
- Please see below for caption requirements.
- File format: .jpg or .png. (We cannot accept .gif or .tif files.)
- Minimum file size: 900 x 1400 pixels at 300 dpi
- File format: .mov, .mp4 or .m4v
- Maximum file size: 30 second duration and up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second
- Name of organization
- Name of event, title(s) of artwork or production pictured
- If photo or video must be credited, photographer's name
- Description for each image not to exceed 25 words in length
- Provide alt-text (click here for Cooper Hewitt's guidelines)
National arts organizations (National Endowment for the Arts, National Assembly of State Arts Agencies, Americans for the Arts) have clarified approaches to uncover cultural bias in the procedures and policies of state arts agencies. In response, MSAC has committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in grantmaking as all funding mechanisms continue to be examined and updated.
The driving goals of this vision for the granting processes are:
- To acknowledge positions of privilege while questioning practices, shifting paradigms of status quo arts activities, and taking more risks.
- To yield a greater variety of funded projects.
- To eliminate biases that may be found in any part of the granting process (e.g. - applications, panelist procedures, adjudication systems).
- To expand the deliberations about rigor beyond current conventions or Western traditions.
- To aspire to make investments that contribute to social change and demonstrate aesthetic excellence in terms relevant to context and intent.
In the event that funds disbursed through MSAC grants include federal funding, MSAC will make the Grantee aware through its grant agreement form and the grantee acknowledges and agrees that it may be required to adhere to certain rules, regulations, and/or guidelines imposed by the federal entity providing the federal funding. Click here to review the federal requirements of grantees receiving federally funded subawards in section 22 of the National Endowment for the Arts Partnership Agreement Terms and Conditions.
Thank You Letter
We encourage you to send letters to your state legislators thanking them for the State's investment in the arts and informing them of the impact state funding has had on your organization and constituents. Use specific examples from the past fiscal year of your work making an impact on individuals or groups in your community. You can find elected officials' contact information by visiting mdelect.net.
Maryland Citizens for the Arts
MSAC is thankful for the yearly advocacy work of Maryland Citizens for the Arts (MCA) during the Maryland General Assembly Session. Through their work, MCA has helped to promote and educate the general public and lawmakers around the importance of state investment in the arts through a strong appropriation to MSAC. Their work has been crucial to MSAC's success. You may wish to consider supporting MCA by becoming an annual member, or by renewing your annual membership. The support of member organizations helps MCA to continue their critical advocacy and educational work for the arts. Please visit MCA at mdarts.org or contact MCA directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Invite MSAC
- Please consider inviting MSAC Staff and Board Members to any public event that may include donor recognition as part of the programming. Public acknowledgement of MSAC funding, particularly when a staff, board member, or local legislator is present, allows arts audiences to understand the connection between the vote they cast for local officials, the local official’s support of MSAC funding, and how that funding returns to the communities of arts-connected constituents. Please send all invitations to email@example.com.
Required Acknowledgement of MSAC Grants:
- Acknowledgment of MSAC must be prominently displayed in all materials and announcements for your funded project.
- If receiving general operating or arts program support, MSAC acknowledgement must be included on all print materials, announcements, videos, reports, presentations, and press releases.
- Acknowledgment of MSAC must be prominently displayed on the organization/project website and any online reference to supported programming/projects.
- If receiving general operating or arts program support, MSAC acknowledgement must be included on the home page of the organization or project.
- Include a hyperlink to the MSAC website (msac.org).
- Social media
- Include the MSAC hashtag (#mdartscouncil) on all social media posts related to the organization or arts programming.
- For program or project grants, include one social media post (on any preferred platform) that includes the specified language above and tag MSAC.
- For general operating support, include one social media post per month (on any preferred platform) that includes the specified language above and tag MSAC.
- To find MSAC on social media: Search @mdartscouncil on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Acknowledgment of MSAC must be made verbally at any special events, oral presentations, radio or television interviews, and public meetings.
- "This [performance, project, event, organization, etc.] is supported in part the Maryland State Arts Council. Visit them at msac.org."