A 2019 planning effort updated our guiding statements and developed new goals, strategies, and an ongoing implementation plan.
The Maryland State Arts Council (MSAC) plays an essential role ensuring every person has access to the transformative power of the arts.
MSAC’s mission is to advance the arts in our state by providing leadership that champions creative expression, diverse programming, equitable access, lifelong learning, and the arts as a celebrated contributor to the quality of life for all the people of Maryland.
- Increase participation: Broaden MSAC’s constituency and increase pathways to engagement.
- Provide support: Embrace thoughtful and targeted approaches to serving known and yet-to-be-known MSAC constituents.
- Build capacity: Work strategically to further build organizational and governance capacity to ensure that MSAC is capable of vigorously delivering on its mission.
- Leverage connections: Further enhance current relationships and involve additional collaborators and constituents who will benefit from and advance the work of MSAC.
- Bolster Maryland arts: Showcase the high caliber, diverse and relevant work of Maryland’s artists and arts organizations; and their contributions to community vitality.