After two rounds of Listening Sessions to gather recommendations from constituents, editors are needed to revise the funding model in the Grants for Organizations (GFO) program. Editors will review data/research, constituent feedback, and proposed changes to make recommendations. The proposed policy revisions will then be reviewed by the MSAC board for approval. Editor recommendations will impact the future of general operating funds that are available to arts organizations and arts programs throughout the state.
- Review current policies and constituent feedback, in the form of recommendations, and then share their opinions and recommendations on proposed changes to the GFO funding model.
- Participate in two meetings (virtually): June 10th, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., and June 24th, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Please note that participation in these meetings is mandatory; please do not apply if you are not available on these dates/times.
- Complete a total of approximately 6-8 hours, including at-home review and the meetings listed above, during June and early July 2021.
- Receive $300 for participating in the editing process.
What we are looking for:
- Maryland residents with backgrounds as arts administrators (particularly with fundraising/development experience), independent artists, or community stakeholders who are interested in learning how changes are considered and implemented within MSAC.
- Individuals with experience in, or interest in, arts organizations with varied budget sizes.
How do I apply to be a panelist?
- Submit your application via MSAC’s online grants management system, SmartSimple.
- Click Apply Now to log in or create a free account in SmartSimple.
- Under Funding Opportunities, select "Public Call."
- Select "Program Editor" from the first drop down option.
- Select “Grants for Organizations” as the Grant Program, the second drop down option.
- Click "Save Draft" at the bottom to populate the application.
Applications are due May 21, 2021 at 5 p.m.