MSAC relies on a diverse array of experts from across the state of Maryland to do the important work of evaluating applications. We invite participation through program-specific public calls for panelists. We select panelists with a focus on diversity of experiences, diversity of location, and expertise in varying artistic disciplines.
Call for FY22 Creativity Grant Panelists
By reviewing and scoring grant applications, Creativity Grant panelists help artists and small organizations across Maryland make an impact on their communities! Applications include proposals for project-based work and general operating support for organizations.
What to Expect as a Panelist
- Panelists complete application reviews online on their own time during the middle of the month over a 1-year period (July 2021 - June 2022).
- Approximately 5 of a total of 10 panelists review applications each month; the schedule of panelists completing reviews rotates based on the disciplines and needs represented in the month's applications (a panelist will not serve all 12 months during a term).
- Panelists typically review approximately 25-35 applications per month, which requires approximately 8 to 10 hours to complete over a 2-week period (total varies from month to month).
- A required online panelist orientation will take place in June 2021. (Date TBD.)
- The first review for FY22 panelists takes place in July 2021.
- Panelists receive compensation of $50 for the training, along with $200 per monthly review.
What We’re Looking For
- A total of 10 panelists for FY22.
- Independent artists, arts administrators, fundraisers, arts enthusiasts, and students interested in serving Maryland's arts sector while gaining experience and insight in the grant review process.
- Individuals who represent expertise in the disciplines that the Creativity Grant supports: Music, Visual Arts, Media Arts, Theatre, Dance, Literary Arts, Arts in Education, Folk/Traditional Arts, Arts Services, and Multi-Disciplinary Arts.
How do I apply to be a panelist?
- Submit your application via MSAC’s online grants management system, SmartSimple.
- Click Apply Now to log in or create a free account in SmartSimple.
- Under Funding Opportunities, select "Public Call."
- Select "Panelist" from the drop down options and click "Save Draft" to populate the application.
- Select “Creativity Grant” as the Grant Program.
Applications are due May 21, 2021 at 5 p.m.